Meet Mimi- the Milliner
Based in Adelaide (South Australia), Mimi is the certified milliner and creative force behind Mimi-Jane Millinery.
With both of Mimi's grandmothers having dabbled in millinery, it was only a matter of time before Mimi fell in-love with this traditional fashion form.
From contemporary racing and fashion hats and headpieces to intricately beaded and feathered bridal headwear, Mimi produces a range of ready-to-wear millinery each season and collaborates with clients year-long to create custom millinery.
Lovingly designed and meticulously handcrafted in her millinery studio in the heritage Epworth Building in the Adelaide CBD, Mimi uses a variety of luxurious mediums and textures, such as pearls, crystals, feathers, lace and leather, to create her ready-to-wear and custom designs.
Contact Mimi if you have any questions about any millinery that is featured on this site prior to purchase or if you would like to discuss a custom order.
More about Mimi:
- Mimi-Jane Millinery is pleased to announce that Mimi's handcrafted millinery will be showcased at the Adelaide Fashion Festival 2018's 'SA Designer Showcase.'
- Mimi-Jane Millinery is showcased in Conde Nast's 'Brides' UK magazine- May/June issue (Publishers of Vogue UK, Vanity Fair UK and Glamour UK).
- Mimi-Jane Millinery is delighted to have a range of genuine pearl and Swarovski crystal embellished lace bridal headpieces available exclusively in-store at Caleche Bridal in Norwood. These headpieces are designed to be worn with Caleche Bridal gowns.
- Mimi-Jane Millinery bridal headpieces were featured in Love Cherish and Adore Bridal Magazine (Issue 4).
- Mimi-Jane Millinery works regularly with Thoroughbred Racing SA at Morphettville Racecourse to provide millinery for the Channel 7 and social media racing ambassadors for events such as the Melbourne Cup, Adelaide Cup and other South Australian racing events, as well as photographic campaigns.
- Mimi-Jane Millinery was worn by the Channel 7 Adelaide team at Morphettville Racecourse on Melbourne Cup Day on 7 November 2017. Check out our Instagram page @mimijane_millinery for the fabulous photos.
- Mimi-Jane Millinery showcased at the Rose Garden Adelaide's Designer Showcase on Melbourne Cup Day on 7 November 2017.
- Mimi-Jane Millinery showcased at the Adelaide Fashion Festival Mercedes Benz Long Lunch on 13 October 2017.
- Mimi was selected as a 'Raw Adelaide Artist' to her showcase her millinery at 'Raw Adelaide's Radiant' event on 29 September 2017.
- Mimi won several awards for her millinery at the Royal Adelaide Show 2017 including first places for her bridal headpieces and contemporary hand-sculpted felt hats.
- Mimi is a Fellow Member of the Millinery Association of Australia.